Top 50 Blogs to Learn About Health Administration
Running a health care facility takes time, patience and knowledge, even when you don’t carry out all the tasks demanded by emerging technologies, ever-changing health policies and legal matters. If you need help, you can turn to experts in these fields. Many of those experts — all with different perspectives — can supply information you may need in their blogs, which are listed below in our top fifty blogs to learn about health administration.
The blogs are categorized by administrative blogs, legal blogs, eHealth and IT blogs and health care policy blogs and every blog in this list has been recently updated. Each link is listed alphabetically within those categories to show readers that we do not favor one expert over another.
- Candid CIO: Will Weider, CIO of Ministry Health Care and Affinity Health System, offers his perspectives on administration issues in this blog.
- Christina’s Considerations: Christina Thielst is a hospital and healthcare administrator and entrepreneur with a deep desire for continually improving the health of the community being served. This is her blog.
- Healing Hospitals — Formerly Ask a Hospital President: F. Nicholas “Nick” Jacobs has more than 20 years experience in hospital management, with an acknowledged reputation for innovation and consumer-centered leadership.
- Hospital Impact: Part of the Fierce network of health sites, this site is becoming popular among healthcare administrators for its news updates, tips and opinions on health care matters.
- Leading the Way to Medical Excellence: the president of McLeod Health non-profit institutions provides weekly insights into his facilities and health care in general.
- Let’s Talk Health Care: Bruce Bullen, Interim Chief Executive Officer at Harvard Pilgrim in Massachusetts, provides and open and ongoing conversation about health care administration.
- Life as a Healthcare CIO: Dr. John Halamka records his experiences with infrastructure, applications, policies, management, and governance as he supports 3,000 doctors, 18,000 faculty and about three million patients.
- Managed Care Matters: Joe Paduda shares his knowledge on managed care for group health, health policy, health research, and medical news for insurers, employers, and healthcare providers.
- More than Medicine: Tom Quinn, president and CEO of Community General Hospital in Syracuse, New York, began his career as a hospital kitchen worker. His perspective on administration reflects his knowledge on how hospitals work from every angle.
- Regis University Health Services Administration Blog: Learn more about a college health service through the blog provided by its health administrator, Michael Jackson.
- Running a Hospital: A CEO of a large Boston hospital shares thoughts on hospitals, medicine and health care issues.
- St. Joseph Medical Center: Chief Executive Officer at St. Joseph Medical Center in Missouri, Mr. Kashman, provides personal insight into administrative matters and general topics.
- Todd’s Perspective: Todd Linden, president and CEO of Grinnell Regional Medical Center, offers insights into medical administration and guest bloggers provide insight into various departments.
- Wachter’s World: This blog focuses on hospitals, hospitalists, quality, safety, policy and much more from Robert M. Wachter, MD, Professor and Associate Chairman of the Department of Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco.
- Drug and Device Law: This blog contains an attorney’s personal views (and those of several other Dechert attorneys) on topics that arise in the defense of pharmaceutical and medical device product liability litigation.
- Drug Injury Watch: Learn more about drug injury lawsuits from an attorney who represents patients and their families.
- FDA Law Blog: Hyman, Phelps & McNamara, P.C. is the largest dedicated food and drug law firm in the country. Their knowledge about laws and regulations governing drugs, medical devices, foods, dietary supplements, and cosmetics is helpful to anyone interested in these topics.
- Health Care Law Blog: Bob Coffield’s expertise lies in helping businesses and health care providers weave through a variety of state and federal health care regulations and assisting them in business transactions.
- Health Plan Law: This site contains information about group health plans, claims administration and related ERISA fiduciary issues. This site also contains tutorials.
- HealthBlawg: this is David Harlow’s popular health care law blog, offering expert insights and easy-to-understand analysis.
- Healthcare Law Blog: Holland & Hart’s healthcare practice provides insight into this arena, including HIPAA, Stark law, the Anti-kickback Statute and more.
- HIPAA Blog: Join in on this discussion of medical privacy issues often buried in “political arcana.”
- HIPAA, HiTech & HIT: This updated blog brings insight into legal issues, developments and other pertinent information that relates to the creation, use and exchange of electronic health records.
- HIT Blawg: This blog is focused on national health information technology legal trends and current news on this topic.
- Home Care Law Blog: Learn more about legal and policy issues in the home health care, private duty and hospice industries from Gilliland & Markette LLP.
- Med Law Blog: This law blog focuses on topics that range from compliance to contracts and from employee benefits to HIPAA and HIT.
- Physician Law: This blog provides and easy way to stay on top of current news, updates and useful tips relating to legal issues that affect physicians and non-institutional providers.
eHealth and Health IT
- Chilmark Research: This blog provides perspectives on key IT trends in the healthcare sector.
- davidrothman.net: David is the Information Services Specialist at the Community General Hospital Medical Library, but he also provides great ideas for 2.0 tools and tips for healthcare industry professionals on this blog.
- e-CareManagement blog: Vince Kuraitis, owner of Better Health Technologies, LLC, has a passion for disease management and care coordination that dates back to 1995.
- e-HealthExpert: A non-profit organization provides a free and open forum to support the development of expertise in the field of eHealth, Healthcare Information Systems, and Health IT (Clinical IT).
- eHealth: John Sharp is an IT Manager for a major medical center in Northeast Ohio, with a focus on ehealth, personal health records, Web 2.0 technologies, Windows Sharepoint Services and project management.
- Found In Cache: If you would prefer a professional’s take on social media matters, Web sites and all things technological, then follow Ed Bennett, a technology expert for a Maryland medical care system.
- Future Health IT: A health IT and EPR advocate from the UK provides a format to discuss the future of health care and IT.
- Informaticopia: This UK blogger provides eclectic news and views on health informatics and elearning.
- MedGadget: Stay ahead of the gadget curve with this site, which offers information about the newest health care gadgets on the market as well as emerging medical technologies.
- Neil Versel’s Healthcare IT Blog: A healthcare journalist’s provides his views on the major segment of the industry he covers — and, he provides a ton of links to other sites as well.
- Schwartz Healthcare IT Blog: A variety of authors from Schwartz Communications provide insights into ways to use IT effectively within healthcare facilities.
- The Health IT Channel: For a different perspective on IT and EHR as well as other health care issues, watch a few videos at this site.
- The Healthcare IT Guy: The CEO of Netspective, a Java/.NET consultancy that specializes in healthcare IT with an emphasis on e-health, EMRs, data integration, and legacy modernization, supplies tips and information for physicians and healthcare administration.
- Health Affairs: The staff of the policy journal, Health Affairs, offers their insights and provide a venue for guest bloggers as well.
- Health Care Organizational Ethics: Use this blog to discuss and debate the ethics within today’s health care organizations and within the wider health system.
- Health Care Policy and Marketplace Review: This blog provides an ongoing review of health care policy activity in Washington, D. C. and in the marketplace.
- Health Care Renewal: This blog, provided by a number of health care professionals, focuses on “threats to health care’s core values, especially those stemming from concentration and abuse of power.”
- Health Policy and Communications Blog: This blog was created to foster discussion and analysis about how health policy and communications issues affect clinical and economic outcomes.
- Health Wonk Review: A handy place to find the best in health care policy blogs gathered biweekly.
- Mayo Clinic Health Policy Blog: The Mayo Clinic Health Policy Center (HPC) blog provides updates about HPC activities, viewpoints and news, and is an open forum intended to foster a rigorous discussion about health care reform topics.
- Medicare News Blog: This blog provides an easy way to stay on top of Medicare news.
- The Alan Katz Health Care Reform Blog: One agent’s perspective on health care reform and other health care policy issues.
- The New Health Dialogue: The New America Foundation provides a health care policy blog based upon their policy program.